So we went up north last weekend for a Marfan confrence and to see the BYU game. It was the wildest trip ever. Who knew that traveling with kids was so much work? We stayed with Reeve's sister Templ who took such good care of us especially my poor little Eden who threw up all over her house Friday night. Thanks Templ (and you too Mike). I was so worried about Eden even though she had not eaten dinner she was still throwing up almost every half hour finally at about midnight I woke Reeve up and asked him to give her a blessing. She only threw up a few more times the rest of the night and then she was able to keep her breakfast down the next morning. What a blessing! She did start in with a fever though but at least it wasn't throw up. We were able to keep that under control with some Motrin and she slept off and on for most of the day. She still continues to not feel well today but I think she is over the worst of it.
Our Marfan confrence was awesome. I learned a lot about how important it is to keep up on Reeve's check-ups and that we are probably going to have to go to Salt Lake to do it. There just isn't the kind of Doctor's that we need down here. I also learned that I need to have my children also checked out by a specialist as well. So we are going to have to schedule a trip to see Dr. Yetman who is a Cardiologist that specializes in Marfan's Syndrome.
There was a very nice man there who had Marfan's syndrome and his three children also had it. His last name was Noyse and he is a bishop in the Payson area. Anyway he put my mind at ease when he said that Marfan's Syndrome is not the end of the world. It is so much better then so many other diseases that are out there that can take your life. Going in for check ups and monitoring youself is 90% of the battle. He said that those with Marfan's Syndrome shouldn't be worried to have children but to just keep up on medical care. Before this confrence I was just too overwhelmed with the thought that my children could have Marfan's syndrome and what would I do if they had to have the kind of surgery that Reeve had to go through. I always tried to put it out of my mind but I feel almost empowered now that it will be ok if my children have it as long as we keep up on medical care. So I feel really grateful that we were able be pointed in the right direction and I actually am looking forward to our visit with Dr. Yetman next year.
After our confernce we headed for the BYU game in Provo. What a fun experience. It rained and snowed the whole way there and I was so grateful that Reeve's Mom and Dad had a hotel room right acrossed the street from the stadium. So Eden and I stayed there while everyone went to the game. Reeve said it was a lot of fun. The boys had an incredible time! Grandpa and Kimball came back during half-time because it was pretty cold but Reeve, Tolman, and Grandma Karon stuck it out the whole time even through the snow! There was so much that the field was covered and you could hardly see the yard lines. Tolman kept saying "That was awesome!" Which he never used that word before. I am sure he learned from Grandma Karon. Now he says it all the time. I think it is so cute. He says it with so much enthusiasm it makes me smile to hear him. Needless to say BYU won 42/ 7 and it was the highlight of the whole trip for Reeve and the boys! Go BYU!!!
We started for home after the traffic cleared and the boys and Eden crashed and slept all the way home. Everything went great until about 11:30 on the last leg of our journey our rear tire blew out. Luckily we had just passed the New Harmony exit. Reeve had to get out and brave the cold to change the tire to our little doughnut and I held the flashlight that was fading by the minute. We decided to leave the lights on in the car because it was so dark but I turned the car off which was a mistake. When we went to start it back up the battery was dead and we were stuck. I was just sick. Reeve had just decide to walk the few miles to the service station we had passed in New Harmony but instead he stood out side and tried to flag someone down to help us. Someone immediately stopped and jumped our car for us. What an angel. We were so grateful. I don't even think we found out his name. Thank you to whoever you are there are not words to even discribe our gratitude. I also think that the most gratitude should go to My Heavenly Father. It seems like although a lot of things went wrong on this trip we were able to cope with them and there was the way opened up to get through them. That only came from on high. What a wonderful Father we have who not only give us trials (or just allows them to happen) to help us grow but gives us a way to get through them and come out better for it.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Seems like someone was watching out for you during this little vacation that you had! Sorry all the bad stuff happened to you, also I am sorry that I crabbed at you on Sunday, we had a rough weekend too! Love ya sis, let me know if you need anything!
Thanks for that sister. It made me feel better!
Julie
Wow what a fun trip! I bet you are closer than ever! Glad you made it home safely!
Post a Comment