Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween Wierdos!!!


We had a wild and crazy Halloween this year with lots of candy candy candy!!!! Tolman and Kimball were pirates. Jack Sparrow and Captian Hook respectively. Tolman doesn't even know who Jack Sparrow is and Kimball didn't have a hook so figure that one out! My sweet little girly Eden was showing her 2-year-old colors and insisted on being a dinosaur. As hard as I tried to get her to be something more feminine, like a witch or the little puppy dog that my Mom bought her, she picked the dinosaur. I decided to make the best of it and at least turn it into a girl dinosaur. And my happy little Tait boy was the traditional Halloween dog that all the boys have been for their first Halloween. Reeve went to Salt Lake this year so he missed out on all the festivities and we missed him too! That made for one crazy mom this year. I forget how much work Halloween is. I think I worked from the minute the kids got up until I put them to bed. It made me appreciate my Mother who always made it the best halloween ever and she had 6 kids. What do I have to complain about? The biggest let down of the day (aside from Reeve not being able to spend fun times with us) was that I missed Tolman's school parade. What a lame Mom. I worked all morning to get myself and the rest of the kids ready to go to this parade yesterday and we were a little late but I thought we would make it. It was supposed to start at 11:45, I got there at 11:47 and it was over. Sigh...I bawled all the way home. (I am sure it was mostly from the stress of things going on in our family right now and the fact that Reeve was leaving.) (I never do very well when he is out of town!) Miss you Honey!! Oh well. That aside we had a wonderful day filled with tons of junk and too much candy in our tummies and one exhausted mother who after the kids were in bed at 8:30 sat down to watch the BBC production of Jane Austin's Persuasion and loved it! Thanks Sarah! Halloween is not for Mother's who are faint of heart!!! Thank goodness it only comes around once a year!

2 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

Your kids are the cutest! I am sorry that you were so stressed out yesterday and that you missed Tolman's parade! I was feeling a little stressed and grumpy too! I hope that the rest of the time without Reeve goes more smoothly! Eden is the cutest girly dinosaur ever!

The Crocketts said...

Amen to that! More than once every 365 days would do any mother in! Miss you!