Although I am grateful year round for lots of things, I wanted to write a quick post about the person for whom I am most grateful every day of my life.
Six years and five months ago, on June 6, 2002, I married the most beautiful girl in the world. My life changed that day and became infinitely better. Since that time, things have changed a lot. We have added four remarkable children, we have moved once, we have lived in four different wards, and we have grown a little bit older (just a little bit).
But one thing that has not changed is that I still love this beautiful girl from the Fields. How I ever convinced her to take a chance on my big-nose, big-feet, stick-in-the breeze, form of manliness is beyond me. All I can say is that God must have known that even the least of us needs a diamond to cherish. I am so grateful for my wonderful wife. And although to enumerate the things I love about her would fill all the available quadrants of cyberspace, I will list my top ten reasons for my smitten state. They are below, in no particular order:
10. She is beautiful. She has a radiant smile and spirit that people are attracted to. And the most beautiful thing about her is that she doesn't think she is (that's probably so I will keep telling her).
9.She is amazingly talented. She can sew, she can cook from scratch, she has a beautiful singing voice, she plays the violin, she knows how to "can" food from home, and she is remarkably creative.
8. She cares about people. Aside from our family, she is always mindful of others. She provides service, she is a great listener, and she loves others genuinely.
7. She is spiritual. She recognizes that the most important relationship in her life is with her God, and she keeps it healthy through study and prayer, setting a constant example for me.
6. She is hard-working. I go to work everyday to escape the real work. She stays home and builds our family, manages our home, and keeps us glued together.
5. She is a mother. She knows how to raise children. She recognizes the need to keep learning and improving. She wants what is best for our children and fights to keep them safe.
4. She is a friend. She waits patiently for me to come home from whatever, and then she listens while I tell her all about it. She is always there for me, and knows just how and when to lift my spirits when I am feeling down.
3. She is patient. I think she married me thinking I would become something a lot sooner than this, but she continues to wait for me to become my best self without rushing me. She is also long-suffering with the children and with herself, as we all continue on this quest together of becoming a forever family. If we make it, it will be on her coattails.
2. She is smart. I got good grades in school, but that means very little in real life. She is brilliant in her wisdom. She is amazing in her practicality. She knows how to do so many things, and she does them well. If we lost everything and had to "Lehi" it in the wilderness, it would be her that led us to the promised land.
1. She loves me. I don't know why, I may never know. I am certainly not the best looking, smartest, fastest, richest, coolest, nicest guy around...far from it! And yet she loves me. That must be the miracle of my life. What a blessing to have her as my wife, my companion, my help-meet, friend, my forever love! Thank you so much, LeAnn.
I love you, Sweetheart. --Reeve K Knighton



10 comments:
LeAnn! You dear husband is so right! You are all of the many wonderful things he said you are and he's not the only one who knows it. I love you so much sister. You have always been such an awesome example to me! Thanks for being the wonderful friend, mom, and sister that you are!
Love, Mary Ann
i think i just got a cavity from how sweet that was!!! and to think this is the boy i used to play micro-machines with, i guess we all have to grow up :)
love you guys!
your so lucky you found someone who loves you and has that much respect for you. After six and a half years of marriage I hope my husband still loves me that much I dont think he can cause I'm no where near as perfect as you. YOur a great role model for me Love you sister
That was a beautiful post. You guys are a great example to all of us. We love and miss you!
Such a sweet message. I can see all of those things in you, too, LeAnn, and I haven't even spent that much time with you (unfortunately). You are a wonderful woman and I'm so glad you have a wonderful husband who recognizes all the good in you.
Wow! That was kind of mushy! But that doesn't keep it from being true. You are awsome sister! I want to grow up to be like you. You have a beautiful family too! You are such a good mommy and wife and a great sister!
I love you!
Julie
Reeve-
That was pretty sneaky of you! I love you, you know. Thanks for being my husband. Thanks everyone for saying such nice things about me.
Love you all!
Oh I TOTALLY agree with you, she really is the sweetest person. I have completely enjoyed getting to know her from our children playing outside together. She is an AWESOME example to me. I learn from her everyday. Reeve... You really did get soooooooooo lucky! But... you're a pretty good guy too... even though you asked me to give a talk on Sunday!
such a sweet post.......very nice family pictures to!
LeAnn you truly are a Daughter of God and, I am so thankful to have you in our family, you are like another daughter to me. Yes Reeve I do know why she loves you, because you see you was mine first, I watched you grow to who and what yor are today, Mom
Post a Comment