Yes, it has been a little while since I have posted. Things just seem to get crazier and crazier around here and I feel like I can barely keep up let alone post anything about it. But, I thought I would take a minute and update on what has been going on in our family. This last week we took a life changing trip to Salt Lake City. Many of you know that Reeve has Marfan's Syndrome which is why he is so tall and skinny. He has had some major reconstructive surgery on his back and chest and a few collapsed lungs along the way. We found this wonderful new Doctor at Primary Children's Medical Center who is a cardiologist specializing in Marfan's Syndrome and we felt like we needed to have Reeve go to her and our boys as well. It turns out that Tolman and Kimball both have Marfan's Syndrome like Reeve. It also looks like Reeve will have to have open heart surgery in the future to replace his Aorta which is growing too big. For now he will have to take medication to slow it down and hopefully if it is responsive he won't need the surgery for a few years. Tolman and Kimball will both have to take medication as well for their enlarged Aortas but hopefully because we are treating it so early they may never have to have heart surgery. Obviously we will have other challenges down the road but for now we will just take it one day at a time. So far so good for Eden, while we were there they also took a quick peek at her heart with the Echocardiogram machine and her Aorta is normal sized for now. When she gets to be 3 or so we will do the full test for her to see if anything has changed.
Amid all of this overwhelming news Heavenly Father has sent us a tender mercy in the form of a
research study that the National Marfan Foundation is conducting and our two boys fit the criteria. They are testing two different heart medications to see what works best. They will pay for the medication and for our medical care (like echocardiograms and Dr. visits) and also our travel expenses and lodging to and from Salt Lake City. It is a three year study and if all goes well all of this stuff will be taken care of for that long. That will be a huge blessing.
As crazy as all of this sounds we really have been blessed. Our children and Reeve for that matter can live normal lives and we just need to keep up on their preventative care to save them from anything life threatening.
I have felt the strength of the Spirit sustaining me and Heavenly Father's love for me and my little family. Yes I have had my emotional days already and I am sure there will be more to come but I was grateful for my mother-in-law's advice to take things one day at a time. Reeve's parents and his sister Templ helped us so much while we were at the hospital doing tests and such I am so grateful for their support and love. I don't think we would have made it this weekend without them.
Sorry for such a long post. If you stuck with it and read all these ramblings you deserve a treat! Thanks for being such a trooper!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Don't ever forget you guys have so much family support! I know it's probably extra stressful with the baby coming soon, just accept help from the people who love you :) and the Lord will watch over you.
Hey Sister, Hang in there, I know how over whelming all these new struggles can be but we are so happy that for the most part that surgery maybe ruled out for your little ones. As for Reeve if he needs any tips when the time comes for his surgery I am sure that Sydney would love to fill him in, by then she will be an old pro! Let me know if there is anything that you need, or if you just need to talk!
Love ya -Caralee
We were very happy to help you guys out and thankful we could go, our families always come first and we are so thankful we have the good health to be ready to go when that time comes the kids did great ever my baby we love ya all
Life is challenging. The Lord send his support and love in many ways and I know that you will feel that love times ten. YOu guys are an amazing family and are srtonger than you think! As for your boys and husband... all will be fine because you are doing everything right!
LeAnn,
You are so strong! You should know by now that I really look up to you and your strength and love for the Lord. I know that you guys are being watched out for. That is wonderful that your boys are able to participate in this study, and that all things financially are taken care of. That has got to be a huge relief. And how wonderful that there are things out there that they can try.
Please let me know if I can do anything at all. Even if you want to come over and swim...the good news is that when we go to the kid pool...I don't even wear a swimsuit...I just watch the kids. It's great! :=)
You guys are all in our prayers! Besides everything else...how is your pregnancy going? I think of you all the time. God Bless You!!
Love Ya,
Lora
LeAnn my friend,
The Lord is ever mindful of you. You are a very special daughter of our Heavenly Father's and I know that He will continue to bless and strengthen you and your family. You are such a wonderful wife, mother, and friend. I hope you always remember that. I love you and you will all be in my prayers. The Savior is there to ease your burdens and give peace to your heart. I'm so grateful for your good new in all of this! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Hugs,
Heather
I was so happy to see your comment on my blog!! LeAnn,, you amaze me with all that you are able to handle. I know that you know the love of our Heavenly Father, and how He sustains us each and every day! I love you to death, and your sweet family. You are in our prayers always. What a blessing to find out so early with the boys, be able to be involved in the study, and especially to have found such a wonderful Doctor who is an expert in Marfan's!
I can't wait to get together soon!
YEA!! Congratualtions, you guys!! I can't wait to see cute baby Tait! Hope everything went well during delivery, and that you are somehow able to keep up with EVERYTHING going on these next few days! A little birdy told me it was Reeve's B-day: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO REEVE!! And tell cute Mary congrats from us. Ya know, I bet you have better things to do right now than check your blog...I will give you a call! Love you guys!
Post a Comment