Friday, March 28, 2008

King of the Juice

So I have to tell you the cutest story about Tolman. With Easter being just last week we have been learning different names for the Savior like the Good Shepherd, the Great Mediator (It is pretty cute to hear Kimball say that one!) the Rock, and the Son of God and we have been reading scriptures to go with them. The other day Tolman was trying to talk Reeve into making him a crown out of paper so that he could be a king. Earlier in the day he had drawn a picture of a crown and knew that his Dad could make him one. Reeve promised to do it if they could get the back yard cleaned up first. As they were pulling the weeds and getting the rocks out of the grass they were talking, the conversation that insued went something like this...

Tolman: "We could have a King party!"
Reeve: "Really?"
Tolman: "Yeah and we could have popcorn and treats... and orange juice!"
Reeve: " Orange Juice?"
Tolman: "You know like Jesus."
Reeve: "Jesus?"
Tolman: " Jesus was a King, King of the Juice (Jews)!"

I was giggling so hard when Reeve told me about it that I had tears in my eyes. He had been paying attention when we read scriptures or watched a church movie when they called Jesus the King of the Jews the whole time he thought they were saying juice. It was a wonderful oppertunity for us to teach him another name for the Savior. I am constantly amazed as I watch my children grow and the things they are learning about our Savior. I love seeing their testimonies develop and I am so grateful to be a part of that.

9 comments:

sweet nectar sara said...

that's the best when they get words mixed up :) you're doing such a great job leann, keep it up!

Julie said...

Ha ha ha! That is so hilarious! Gracie loves to look at the pictures of your kids. Eden is really growing up though, Gracie sometimes doesn't recognize pictures of her. But we can't wait to spend some time with you guys soon! We love you!

Recovery Guru said...

I love it!!! I say next year for our easter egg hunt or for our easter dinner we need to make sure we have orange juice!!

Erin said...

That is sooooo cute! I was totally laughing when I read that. I love it that they are soooo funny. Tolman is such a cute boy!

Lora Lovell said...

So Cute! About Reagan...I am thinking that he would love to play maybe while we are loading things up into the truck/trailer :)
I have a feeling that he will want to help out too much with that. Right now my kids are under quarantine...we went to the dr's today and were told that they have conjunctivitus (spelling?)-eye infection...so they can't be around others until Monday. Always good timing with these things, right?

By the way...you have been a great visiting teacher (sorry you got stuck with me for that long-heehee) and a FABULOUS FRIEND!!! I really hope that you and the kids will come over to swim and play. I would love that. You are great!

Hey, since your hubby is in the bishopric-do you know what we need to do with our records? How do we get them transferred? Thanks for your help with that!

How are feeling with the pregnancy? How have your appointments been? Everything looking good? I will call you later this week to schedule a playtime if that is okay. Talk to you soon!

Julie Kohler said...

You are such an amazing mother, and you have some amazing kids! I love love love it when you have an 'a-ha!' moment of realizing that they DO listen to you and pick up on more than we think...even though the verbage sometimes gets a little mixed up! I don't think I will ever be able to drink OJ and not think of your Tolman-boy!
I hope you are feeling okay, That last while can sure be trying! Hang in there, maybe the kids will have to come play with Ben and Maddi at my house one day soon so you can have a good long nap!
*hugs* Jewels

gram karon said...

How could our grandkids not be smart and beautiful with the mom and dad that they have what a wonderful example kiss the kids for us love ya mom and dad

Julie Kohler said...

How are ya feeling friend? Haven't seen a new post for a while, like I can talk! Just wanted to say hi! We'll have to get together and do lunch ( aka gab while the kids play their little hearts out )when Julie gets here!

Lora Lovell said...

Hey LeAnn,   How have you been? Haven't talked to you in a while...hope things are going well for ya! Talk to you soon!