Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Say hello to Baby Tait
Tait Joseph Knighton, born Sunday, May 4, 2008 at 11:49 pm, weighing 8 pounds and measuring 20 inches long. The name "Tait" is a family name from LeAnn's Father's side and is of Old English origin, meaning "cheerful." The name "Joseph" is the name of the Prophet of the Latter-day Restoration, is of Hebrew origin, and means "God will increase." And I think that both of those names are very appropriate for this little man who has joined our family. God has certainly increased the "cheer" in my heart and in our family by sending us this new child.
It should first be understood that this is Reeve writing this post. It is my first experience "blogging," so forgive me if I bore you. Tait was born 11 minutes away from my birthday, May 5th. Consequently, the name that we had picked out for him months ago almost changed to Reeve Jr. But it was not to be...he was destined to be Baby Tait.
It may be too early to know what his personality will bring to our thus far dynamic family chemistry, but if his peaceful nature is any indication, his addition will hopefully be a pleasant one. He is a beautiful baby, and our family is excited to have him home. Those of you who have known us for a time are aware of the struggles we had getting our daughter home, so this experience has been a blessing.
There are lots of unknowns right now. Obviously, we have never had four children, so we don't know what to expect. Tolman is 5 now, so he will be entering Kindergarten. Kimball is 3, and still provides plenty of challenges. Eden is not quite 2 and is probably not ready to forfeit the title of "baby." And now we have Tait. We have four booster/car seats that fill the hind seats of our van and we would be hard pressed to attempt to fit another. I've heard it can be done, but I don't see how.
Some of the biggest unforeseen challenges will be encountered when I am away and LeAnn must manage on her own. Church, work, school and whatever else takes me away leaves her flying solo much of the time. And she does a fabulous job! Any advice from those of you who have 4 kids ages 5 and under in 6 years of marriage would be much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
What a great name for such a handsome little guy, CONGRATS!! And good job, Reeve on your first venture into the blogging universe! You are absolutely right that LeAnn does a fabulous job!! She doesn't give herself enough credit most of the time. You are both AMAZING parents and we are so happy and blessed to have such great friends! I wish I had some glorious advice, but I'm sure you would be the better advice giver to me. I am still a little nervous about adding number three to our house! I will come visit soon :)
Good job guys! I think he already looks like Kimball, who in turn looks like Reeve, but I'm sure you've already heard that :) Is that basketball blankie the one Baron made? So funny. Anyway, GOOD LUCK and we love you guys.
Dont have much advice, just excited for you.
Congratulations! i never would have thought on Sunday sitting by you that you would have him that night! Crazy! I am so glad you did! Now you can just enjoy him. He is so cute and I love the name!
Congrats! I can't wait for him to come to my house so that we can play (hint! hint!) He is so sweet you guys are truly blessed to have such wonderful children, I am so happy for you! Let me know if there is anything you need, I am always home and would love to babysit ANY of your children so that you can have a break! Pick the naughtiest one and send him(or her) to my house for awhile! Love you!
Congratulations! I had to check my blog today to see if you had your baby. He is ADORABLE!
Oh congratulations! He is adorable. As far as advice goes, stay close to the Lord. He loves you all and will buoy you up. I have learned this lesson quite well over the past year especially. Don't think you have to do it all by yourselves. You have wonderful family and friends near you that are waiting to help. Just ask. You are wonderful parents and I can't wait to meet baby Tait! What a blessing.
Wow! Congrats you guys! How exciting!! I am so happy for you! Good Luck with having 4...I am sure that you guys are doing wonderfully! You will have to give me tips in the future...I still struggle with just my two! Anyway, he is beautiful and has a darling name! We will stop by soon....and bring a little something!
Congrats!!! He is sooo adorable...sorry no advice here, I mean, I only have one kid and have barely been married a year and a half. Bet you guys would have some good advice for me though! Good luck with everything.
Congrats! I just wanted to write and let you guys know what an awesome job you are doing. And that May 4 is such a special day in our family too. Our Kyle was born on May 4 2000. He was our miricle baby, so when I hear May 4 I almost always tear up. It is so fun to know you guys will always celebrate that day too. Your little guy is so cute!
Hi, Leann! It's Connie (Willard) from Inspiration days. I found this through Julie. How exciting about your new baby. And what a sweet name, Tait! I love it! Congrats to you and your family! Hope you don't mind if I check out your blog. Ours is peterandconnie.blogspot.com if you want to check in on us! Take care!
Post a Comment