Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Camping in the Living Room




LeAnn had the idea to go on a camping trip today while I was at work, so she got out the tent and camping chairs, made S'mores, and set up right in the middle of the living room. She is so amazingly creative! I am grateful to have a wife that can think of fun things for the kids to do...I think if it was up to me, my children would die of boredom..."but Dad, we stared at your favorite spot on the wall yesterday...can't we do something fun?...like the things Mom thinks up???"

Anyway, the boys lasted the night in the tent by themselves, we all had "Indoor S'Mores," we even had a campfire (sort of), and we got ready to celebrate Independence Day by watching National Treasure (I know, it's not a true story, but I like it anyway). It was fun, and I am grateful all the more for my wonderful family, and especially for the beautiful woman, wife, and mother who holds us all together like gorilla glue. I love you, LeAnn.

2 comments:

D and H fam said...

LeAnn - what a way cute, fun idea. I may have to copy that one!! I forgot to give you my email for the cook book, it's mofam4@gmail.com, thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

So fun! You are a way fun mom LeAnnie-pie. When I grow up I want to be like you. Cute picture of your kids in the tent too. And smores sound SO good!!!