Friday, July 11, 2008
Homemade Haircuts
So yesterday evening, while I was nursing I heard a little buzzing sound in the other room but couldn't figure out what it was. When I finished I went it to the living room and asked the boys what they were doing and what they had. Kimball immediatly produced Daddy's shaver that he had found in his backpack. I took it and put it away, telling them that it wasn't a toy and that we shouldn't play with it and didn't think much else of it. This morning as we were coming in for family scripture study Reeve asked me what Tolman had done to his hair. I said that I didn't know what he was talking about so when he got in the living room Reeve had him look down at the floor and I saw these three funny bald spots on his head. I immediatly started laughing and put my hand over my face to try to cover it up. That is when I realized it must have happened last night with the shaver. Kimball was sitting by me and upon closer inspection of his head I saw another big spot with no hair. Then Tolman said,"Mom Eden has magic hair you can't even see it on her." I looked a little closer at her and sure enough there were two shaved spots on her head as well. This picture doesn't really do it justice. It didn't seem as funny to me anymore. In fact I wanted to cry at that point. I have been having so much fun doing Eden's hair and it was so pretty. Now she has these two huge bald spots that I am pretty sure cannot be fixed. Oh well it is only hair. It will grow back right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
Oh LeAnn... I am so sorry... I am laughing to myself as I sit here. So funny and sad at the same time. I don't know if I would laugh or cry in your situation. I love that Eden has "magic" hair. So so funny!
so who's the instigator in this madness?!?!?! good stories and memories right? :)
Oh no! I just had to laugh as I was reading the post but I agree with you about Eden's hair I think I would cry too! At least the boys have an easy fix to their hair....boys have it so easy!
Ohh man...that is something you just have to laugh about! Good thing it is summer and the boys can have a shaved head! Luckily Edens hair doesn't look that noticeable.
I just had to laugh when I read this!
Oh! Does every child have to go through this? Aaralyn did a little on her hair awhile back, but not bad enough to really notice! It looks like you are doing a good job of covering your little girl's spot though! That's funny though because my husband was saying that just yesterday his boss' wife came to work and brought their kids and one of the girls had this really short hair cut and before it was really long- longer than Aaralyn's, well, she had her hair in a pony tail and took the scissors and cut the whole pony off! Lisa was so upset! She immeadiately called her hairdresser and had her cut it in a cute short hairdo, but how sad! All that long hair gone in a second! As moms, we take such pride in our little girl's hair- especially it it's just getting to that point of being able to do something with it!
what a way to get alot of mail from family and friends lol I did laugh alot and had alot of tears.Thank goodness hair grows and with some luck it may come in thicker Byron"s did anyway kids will be kids and thank heavens for our babies hair or not that are beautiful xoxxoxo
Oh boy!! Yeah, at least on the boys you can buzz their heads and it will grow back pretty quick, but for Eden...what do you do? The things our kids do! Good thing they are so cute, right?
LeAnn, That's halarious! It will grow back fast on the boys, but girls take longer! I'm sorry!
Oh wow...the things I get to look forward to! Haha...I think I would cry. Maybe Danielle could try fixing edens hair, that's why Lora cut Brienne's hair short the first time, cause Brienne decided to giver herself a new hair style first.
Post a Comment