Friday, November 7, 2008

Chase


I have been thinking about doing a post for Chase for the last week and a half and have been at a loss for the right words to post. Chase is Reeve's awesome 14 year old nephew who was involved in a shooting accident a week and a half ago. He was life flighted to Primary Children's Medical Center and has been in the ICU there. The Doctors told him that he will be paralized for the rest of his life because the bullet from the gun severed his spinal cord. You can read more about him and how he is doing by clicking here. He has had the most amazing attitude despite this trial he is facing. I have been so impressed at how he hasn't given up even though the odds are against him. When something like this happens it is amazing how quickly life is put into perspective. Life is fragile. Our prayers become more fervent and more sincere and the little trials and problems that we face day to day seem trivial in comparison. Family becomes more important and being together, essential.

The night of the accident I had been planning to go to the temple. I wasn't sure if I should still go or if I should stay home to be with my husband, he assured me that it was important for me to go and to that I should put Chace's name and the names of his family on the Temple Prayer List. As I was waiting for my turn to go in I happened to open to Moroni 7 verses 35-37 and verse 30 and I as read about faith and miracles and angels and our Savior Jesus Christ I knew that this was a battle that the Lord would have to fight for Chase. I recently have reviewed Elder Holland's talk on The Ministery of Angels and this rang true with me..."I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled with faith, and remember the Lord has said He "would fight [our] battles, [our] children's battles and the battles of [our] children's children," And what do we do to merit such defense? We are to "search diligently, pray always and be beliving. [Then] all things shall work together for [our] good, if [we]walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith we have covented."" This has been a time of reflection of turning and returning to our Savior. Only he can heal our wounds, whatever kind they may be.

Anyway for what it is worth Chace we love you and are praying for you. Heavenly Father will send his Angels to watch over you and I am almost positive that Aunt Salli (Reeve's Sister and one of Chase's favorite aunts ;) who passed away 2 years ago) will be one of them. I believe that our Father in Heaven lets our family members who have passed on take care of us and I am sure she is right there close by! So look around for her and for Heavenly Father's miracles!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

sweet nectar sara said...

thanks for your words of faith leann. i know when my dad gave chace a blessing the other day he said the words "our family will see miracles". how wonderful it is that we have the gospel in our lives!

Erin said...

That (Our family will see miracles)just gives me goosebumps! I know our Heavenly Father has a Plan for each of us and he will be with your family through this. It is so sad that this happened but possibly your family will grow more then was ever possible before this happened. He seems like such a positive person! He will be able to do so much good!

The Isoms said...

Our prayers have been with him and your family. He sounds like he has a great outlook and the love he is showing for Karyn is great! That is definately the spirit working with him!

gram karon said...

thank you for your special thoughts and words, we do have a near family and having you as part of it make it even better, what would we do without our family and the gospel, and the knowledge of our father plan xoxoxox

The Crocketts said...

I will keep him (and your whole family) in my prayers. Yes, there are angels that help us (both seen and unseen). He seems like an amazing person and a survivor. What a blessing that he has improved as much and as quickly as he has.