Monday, January 7, 2008
Jerusalem Dinner
So we decided to start a new tradition this year. We wanted to put more of the focus on the reason for the season and no it is not Santa! We had a traditional Jerusalem dinner the Sunday before Christmas. I don't really know if it was really that traditional but it was to us and it really set the tone for our Christmas. We ate flat bread and Chicken Salad, raisins and figs, pistachios and peanuts and oranges all by the light of candles. There were a lot more fun things we could have eaten but most of them were off limits for pregnant people and I didn't want to scare my kids (or my husband for that matter) too much. Tolman got a new primary CD from his Sunbeam teachers and we listened to it while we ate. It was wonderfully up-lifting. We finished the night reading the Christmas Story from Luke 2 and watching the Testaments. What a wonderful evening. It was fun for Reeve and Tolman to dress up. I have to say that Kimball and I had a harder time with it but it was still exciting for all of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment