Friday, February 15, 2008

Tag... I am it!

I have decided that I need to remember who I am a little bit so I have decided to try this 10 things about me tag from Caralee's blog. I am not sure that I can think of ten things but here it goes.

1. I like to iron. I think it stems from my mission days but I really enjoy ironing my boys white shirts for Sunday. I love the smell of clean white shirts with just a touch of bleach as I iron them. Ironing is almost like my thinking time, I can ponder and pray sometimes or listen to soft music and I feel a lot of satisfaction with the results of crisp clean clothes. I don't iron everything but it is an absolute must for the Sabbath day.

2. I love to cook. I find a lot of satisfaction in making food for my family. I enjoy trying new things and experimenting on my husband who for the most part is very easy to please. I wish the kids were that willing. It is always a challenge to think of things that they will like to eat and be creative at the same time.

3. I love to plant flowers. Every year at about this time of year I get antsy to plant some thing. It doesn't go away until I have put my hands in the dirt and created something beautiful. I think I get it from my mother. She has a love for flowers and plants and I am slowly learning how to keep them alive and which plants thrive at certain times of the year. I can't wait until our budget will allow me to pick out some pretty flowers to brighten up my front yard.

4. I have had the food storage and 72hr kit bug. I have been working on my food storage and 72 hour kit weekly for the past few months. It is so satisfying to feel like I am taking care of my family and doing what the prophet has asked. I do feel a little overwhelmed because there is so much that still needs to be done. The thing I did for last week was to order a CPR mask to put in my first-aid kit.

5. My favorite fruit is strawberries. I love spring and summer when they are so ripe and yummy. I think one of my favorite birthdays was before I was married when I bought a carton of big beautiful strawberries and ate the whole thing out in the sunshine on the lawn of the institute building and felt happy. I am toying with the idea of growing my own this year. We will see I guess.

6. I have never been hiker but this year I have felt the yearning to get out and go hiking with my kids and my husband. Our first "hike" is scheduled for tomorrow and it really will just be along one of the walking trails here in St. George so we can use the stroller. But it is a start right? I have big plans to get a child pack so we can go on a real hike into the canyon. I am a little apprehensive of how well it will go being 6 months pregnant I am pretty slow. I guess it will give the kids a chance to keep up. I hope I am not biting off more then I can chew.

7. My favorite day of the week is Sunday. Although it is the most crazy day for me I live for Sundays. Church is hard with three wiggly kids and no support but I find that I can not make it through the week with any normal amount of sanity if we haven't been to church. I love the spiritual uplift and the love I feelings of renewing my covenants for one more week with my Heavenly Father. I love to be prepared for the lessons we will have that week and I get so much out of Sunday School and Relief Society that I can draw from during the week to keep me sane until the next Sunday comes around.

8. I love Sunday dinner. I love to cook it for my little family and I love to help make it for my big family. Every other week we go to my parent's house and it is so much fun to visit with my Mother while we are working on Sunday dinner together. I love my Mother's cooking and my Dad's too when Mom isn't around to cook. There is something comforting and reminiscent in eating together on Sundays. I guess it reminds me of all of our dinners together as a little girl. I hope that is a legacy that I can continue with my little family. I have learned that there are so many benifits to having dinner together as a family. I hope that all the studies are true and I can use it as one of many safeguards for my children.

9. I love to be with my sisters and my Mom. It is so fun to get together with all of our kids or leave them home with the husbands and go out shopping. We don't do that very often especially since Julie moved to Pensylvania last year but I can't wait until Julie comes home in May so that we can get together and play.

10. I am not a clean organized person. I wish I had more of a desire to be. I remember as a kid having my Mom clean all the time but my room never was very clean. Reeve even cleaned my room for me a time or two before we were married. I think I make him a little crazy with my messy habits. (I have to say though he knew I was messy when he married me). Although I have to say that I am getting better. The more kids I have the more of a necessity it becomes. Having my house out of order has made me feel out of order especially this week for some reason. I hope it sticks because I feel like I have been better (mostly, my room still needs some extreme help. Go figure).

Wow I did it! That was an accomplishment for me. It took me like two hours while my kids watched a whole movie and entertained themselves for awhile but here I am. I won't tag anyone unless you feel like you want to. This was just something I needed to conquer for myself. I am a real person after all :0)

4 comments:

Recovery Guru said...

Of course you are a real person sister! Good for you finding 10 great things about you to post! I am wondering though if your need to keep things organized lately is because you are starting to nest...a little early don't you think! Love you! BTW I like the hike idea, sounds like fun!!

Julie said...

You are a funny sister!!! But I have to say, I enjoyed reading all of those things about you. I sure miss you and all of my sisters. I can't wait until May too!

Love ya!

Julie Kohler said...

Oh Dear Blue Fairy, OF COURSE you are not only a real person, but and AMAZING one at that! But oh how I know how easy it is to forget! Maybe I should try to do ten things, we'll see. Good luck on the organizing thing, that's one I am bad at! I so miss you.

The Crocketts said...

Good for you! I understand how hard it can be to remember that you are an individual too. It's so nice to read about your family and all the happenings. May I add you to our blog list? Miss you guys! Hope that you are all feeling better.
Hugs,
Heather