The moment you've all been waiting for... After much deliberation I have finally decided to post my favorite summertime recipe Mango Salsa! It really is to so yummy, My mom keeps telling me I should find a way to sell it as a business, but I really have no idea how to do it so I guess I will just share the recipe and hope you all enjoy it! I wish I had a picture of it to show, it really is quite pretty to look at. I just love pretty food!
Mango Salsa
5-10 medium tomatos peeled and chopped (depending on how big of batch you want to make)
I like to use roma tomatos.
2-3 mangos peeled and chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1/2 of a purple onion chopped (I probably use a little less then this because I am not a huge onion fan)
1 clove of garlic crushed (I usually buy the garlic in a jar and then I add something like a small teaspoonful)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
the juice of 2-3 limes (I like a little more lime so I usually use 3)
2 tablespoons of vinegar (I have been using seasoned rice vinegar because that is what I have on hand but you could use regular white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste. If it seems a little sweet add a little more salt and it usually is just right.
Put it all together and let the flavors blend for a few minutes and enjoy
It is delicious on chicken taco salad and fish or just with chips and the best part about it is, its fat free!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oooohhh yummy! I am going to have to make some as soon as our tomatoes are ripe, which actually should be really soon! I can't wait!
I have tasted this salsa - it is Delicious!!! Leann, in regards to your earlier post, I had no idea about your post partum. I am so sorry, I know how bad that is/can be. Please NEVER hesitate to ask me for any help. I would love to do anything I can - even just sit and visit. So, whenever needed, let me help!! :)
Also, in regards to your comment on my post I am good to VT anytime this week. Charly's kindergarten appointment is at ten tomorrow and I have another appointment from 9 - 10ish Wednesday morning, but other than that - it's looking pretty clear. If you need me to set up appointments or anything let me know. I hate for you to feel down, I know how lonely and bad it feels and I just love you and think the world of you!!
I was coming to your blog to check on you AND to see if you had put your recipe up because I can not even count how many times since the 24th I have wanted THAT salsa! Thank you so much for posting that!
Please know that you can call on me whenever you need something. We have been in the same ward for years young lady and you have never leaned on me- so do it!!
I AM HERE FOR YOU SO DONT HESITATE TO ASK!!!
Post a Comment