Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Reeve is the advisor for the Girls fishing club out at the ranch and he has been having a blast and a lot of sucess. He is turning into a regular fisherman and tells me every day how big the fish was that he caught. You know how it is, "Today I caught a fish this big..." and each day fish gets bigger and bigger! He has just been called to be the 1st counselor in our new Bishopric which he is pretty excited about. The 1st counselor from the old Bishopric was made the Bishop and he felt like he couldn't do it with out Reeve so it looks like we are in for another 5 years! No rest for the wicked! ;) No really, I feel really good about this call. I know we have a lot more to do and a lot more to learn so I am grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted us with a part of his vinyard. I just wish I didn't feel so tired!

School is starting for him in just a few weeks and then it will be back to the grindstone for real! (Sometimes it feels like we haven't left) He is excited for an up coming backpack trip with the scouts this week and for the Knighton family reunion and campout at the end of the month. (Maybe we will get to go fishing for real then!!)


As for me I am just hanging out. Life has been a little crazy these past few weeks as I have been struggling a little with some postpartum depression and it has taken its toll on our family. I feel like I hit my peak, or should I say my lowest point, a few weeks ago, and everyday since then (mostly)has been better. I am amazed at how I have seen the hand of the Lord reach down to help me when I have had trouble hanging on. He has blessed me with so many angels in these last few weeks and I feel like things are on the upswing. My sweet husband has taken such good care of me. His love and concern and a sweet blessing have made this trial easier for me to bear. I love him for all the study and research he has done about the best ways to deal with postpartum depression and then for helping me put it into action. He has told me that he doesn't understand all of this stuff but he is doing all he can to help me. I guess I am pretty amazed that it has shown up this late in the game, after child number 4. My mother suffered from it with many of her babies and she has been one of my greatest sources of comfort and strength aside from Reeve. So all in all, there have still been some hard days but I feel like I am slowly climbing out. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father who has not left me alone, he is the one I have turned to when I felt like I couldn't make it one more minute. I have definately felt his love and care for me.

I think I need to mention one more person who has been a huge help and support and probably didn't even know it. Reeve's mom has been so helpful and kind to me and my family. Just last friday she called and could hear Eden crying in the background. I think she knew I was feeling a little crazy and showed up after Reeve came home and sent us out on a date. She even provided a few dollars for ice cream. It was nice to run away and just talk with my husband. Really she has done more for us then we can ever payback and I am so grateful for the sweet kind mother that she is.
What a long post. I have been hesitant to write about all of this, but sometimes it is harder trying to pretend that everything is just peachy when it really isn't. So here we are, and I think I can honestly say that I love my life and I am grateful for my trials because they are helping me draw closer to my Savior and draw on the power of His atonement. I know he can heal me and relieve my burdens.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Look at that whopper!

jenbulkley said...

You are an amazing woman. You are a true woman of Zion! Keep it up!

The Crocketts said...

Something I've realized is that after I have go through my greatest trials, it is only then that I can look back and TRULY see the how the Savior has strengthened me beyond my own capacity. You are a wonderful woman and I know the Lord is pleased with you and your family. Keep hanging on. Love you and miss you!